Tax Planning and Compliance
Staffed with top-notch CPAs and tax attorneys, The Busch Firm is one of the most experienced tax firms in California. Our tax attorneys and CPAs have extensive experience representing businesses, trusts, estates, and individual taxpayers in federal and state income tax disputes, sales tax disputes, and property tax controversies. Unlike most law firms in southern California where tax planning is provided as an afterthought to corporate or real estate transactions, the Firm prides itself on applying tax expertise from the outset of any transaction.
Members of The Busch Firm have lectured, taught courses, and published materials on federal tax procedure and have successfully resolved everything from personal income tax audits to major disputes – involving complex issues in a number of specialized industries. We pride ourselves both on our knowledge of the law and how it can best and most practically be applied at each level of a tax controversy.
Tax planning is a critical component of financial success. The Firm’s tax attorneys and CPA’s have the skill and experience to help you mitigate your tax liability by understanding and utilizing advanced planning techniques that will result in the most favorable tax treatment.
Just as important, our firm places a special emphasis on understanding the “big picture” – areas of special risk or issues of special concern – before developing, advising, and implementing an overall strategy for our clients. We also have specialized expertise and a successful track record in most “high risk” areas, including independent contractor audits, IRS attacks on valuation discounts for estate and gift tax purposes, and California residency issues.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Structuring and planning for acquisitions and dispositions of businesses for public and private clients.
- Executive compensation, including stock options and other techniques.
- Tax planning for real estate purchases, exchanges, sales, and major developments.
- Buy-sell and other succession agreements for businesses.
- Sophisticated tax planning strategies for disposition of large blocks of publicly traded stocks.
- Advanced pension and retirement strategies.
- Advice regarding structure of new ventures, including choice of entity and other tax planning.
- Quarterly and year-end tax planning, including preparation of detailed projections, which permit analysis of different planning options.